Designed and created by a positive minded, Gluten-free, thyroid cancer survivor!

Saturday 1 December 2012

My Christmas Wish

It truly amazes me sometimes when I log into the back end of my blog... People are reading it. Lots of people - people from everywhere; from Texas to Reykjavik to South Africa and Australia. I may not average the kind of visits that some sites do, nonetheless you visit and I am truly thankful for that :) I hope that when you visit you find something helpful or positive and that you are able to take it with you when you go. I also hope that you will come back again!
...

In one month I begin my official countdown to treatment. January 9th is the day - and I can't wait! I look forward to having this journey through thyroid cancer behind me and I look forward to what life has in store. I wish and I hope that it will all be good things. It has been hard to keep positive of late... and I am cracking under the weight of it all. Still I try. All I can do is try - to keep on keeping on. Things are bound to look up - right? This is what I tell myself everyday. I keep on smiling :) Even when I'm told otherwise.



This Christmas, more than anything I may wish for me, I wish that my Mom could have her health - I wish her the ability to enjoy the season and to be able to have some comfort. 

This has proven to be the most difficult Christmas to come to terms with. Even last year, the first without my Dad, was easier than this year. Last year my Mom was "well", I was "well" and our family was together. This year it's a fight to find that same semblance of balance and comfort. It hurts. It's been hard and I am struggling to keep hold of the light, the peace and the joy that this time of year usually brings.

Through it all there are still bright gleaming moments of great things to be thankful and happy for; Friends and family; the sights, sounds and smells of the season; a warm loving home to come home too and the joy of being able to see family who live far away. 

Compared to many, I know that am very lucky indeed and I am grateful for all that I do have. I wish everyone the ability to see the wonderful things that they do have already... be grateful for the little things you have. Those little things may very well be more than some could ever hope for.

Things will get better - I hope... I believe... I have faith. I know. :) They just have to!

I wish one and all, all of the happiness that this season has to offer no matter where it is that you come from or what it is that you believe.


xx






No comments:

Post a Comment